Thursday, April 2, 2009

Movies

So I have seen a lot of movies in the past week.

I went and saw Frost/Nixon at the Art Cinema and I must say, it's a pretty good movie. Of course, you have to understand what happened at Watergate to understand it, but I learned a bit of history as well. Also, seeing a view of what the media crew went through to get the interviews all set up was cool to watch. I knew what they meant with certain terms and I have actually used some of the equipment they used in the 70's, which is when the setting for this movie was set in.

Then I saw I Love You, Man on Friday, March 27. Great show. I would recommend seeing it if you haven't already.

Finally, we rented and watched Slumdog Millionaire last night. It gives an in-depth look into how life in India really is right now. It is centered around the lives of two brothers, Salim and Jamal. There is a love interest in the movie, but it can be pretty violent and graphic. So younger kids probably should not watch it. But I also recommend going out and renting or buying this movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment